Bed Liners

After heeding good advice from PM and others about pulling your carpet and checking for rust. I respectfully suggest you pull your bedliner, those that have them, and clean the bed out and look for rust. That is mostly leaves that was under the liner and we all know what they can do to metal. Fortunately I caught it in time and there was no damage, other than a couple wear spots from the liner.

:smart:

I'll agree with ya there Jim. I had a SWB that was a florida/arizona truck, and pretty clean. Had a "drop in liner" though, and rotted out the bottom of the bed in the back two corners. The "proper" way to install the drop in's is to silicone them in, to keep moisture out from underneath.

Rob L. :smart:

I pulled my stock plactic liner after nearly 20 years and there was only a few places where the paint was rubed off and had a little surface rust. Alot less mess than everybody tried to make me believe. :D

That has been my experience, as well.

x3 here. So here's a good question to add to that.

I'm going to re-install my liner, but I want to paint/bedline it (not walmart crap hehe) but wanted to get some suggesstions on what to use? More to preserve that take any abuse, I happen to like the plastic bedliner.

I'm going to re-install my liner, but I want to paint/bedline it (not walmart crap hehe) but wanted to get some suggesstions on what to use? More to preserve that take any abuse, I happen to like the plastic bedliner.

So, is the Herculiner that they sell at Wal-Mart (Herculiner brand, kit etc.) for $70 any different than the exact same stuff they sell at NAPA for $120?

I bought mine with a drop in, rust isn't that terrible, however it does scuff the paint on the top... but it doesn't have the greatest paint by any means... so if it does get resprayed at some point, I might opt for a spray in bed liner...

So, is the Herculiner that they sell at Wal-Mart (Herculiner brand, kit etc.) for $70 any different than the exact same stuff they sell at NAPA for $120?

My walmart doesnt sell the herculiner brand stuff. I'm talking about the rattle can stuff, it comes in gallons to I think. don't remember the name. I've used herc before, its good stuff but it didnt really apply very nicely, was clumpy and then peeled in spots on a floor I did before.