my MJ stinks like gas ?!?!?

after drivng my jeep it reaks of gas bad.

i had it up my buddies shop last week on the lift to check out for the leak and everything was dry we could smell fumes but see no leaks

is there a breather anywhere for the tank that could of came off

i checked the whole fuel system from engine back no leaks, the filler hose is tight too no leaks. buut it still stinks

has anyone came across this problem at all??? please reply.

There's a vent hose on the filler. It's a separate, smaller hose than the actual filler hose. That's a prime candidate for leaking and fumes.

ALSO the hoses that run into the tank are known leakers. the "pipes" running into the tank are glued in and The "glue" dries out and splits causing a leak. But only leaks when the fuel level reaches that point. At other times it simply smells.

Likely you hit it while wheeling last week causing the problem... Welcome to the joys of owning a 20+ year old vehicle... :D

CW

There's a vent hose on the filler. It's a separate, smaller hose than the actual filler hose. That's a prime candidate for leaking and fumes.

i am not getting any wetness jut fumes in the bed part of the jeep maby its that breather. i will half to take a gander at it today.

:dunno: the gas cap also has a check valve that vents when the pressure gets to high.

that is very true i will give it a shot of electrical cleaner and try to blast out any clogged dirt or anything. but the smell is coming from underneath