another lift kit question

just went on the hell creek website $121 for the full length AAL's and spacers with shipping included not bad but only 1 3/4'' spacers in front and o well never notice a 1/4'' anyhow

but the rub on the control arm with 31's... is it much and what about when the suspension is compressed, does it rub then.. I'm sorry i just don't know how that little wheel well can handle that big of a tire

HellCreek has an AAL that gives about an inch or so too.

Their's say short add a leaf. Who offers a long add a leaf?

Rancho.

It's full-length in an XJ, and "almost" full-length in an MJ.

Or, as has been suggested in other posts, get a pair of junkyard main leaves, chop off the eyes, and use them as AALs.

just went on the hell creek website $121 for the full length AAL's and spacers with shipping included not bad but only 1 3/4'' spacers in front and o well never notice a 1/4'' anyhow

but the rub on the control arm with 31's... is it much and what about when the suspension is compressed, does it rub then.. I'm sorry i just don't know how that little wheel well can handle that big of a tire

1 3/4" is pretty much an industry standard in spacers. Never have figured out why anyone chose that particular number. :dunno:

The control arm rub happens whenever the steering is cranked all the way and at any droop/compression height. WJ arms will cure that, or you can add a washer behind the steering stops (essentially increasing your turning radius) or as Eagle likes to say: just don't turn the wheel all the way. :D

how bad it is depends on your choice of tire. The stock control arms have a little ledge right where it contacts the tire and the noise will increase dramatically with tires that have a more aggressive tread in the corner edge.