ZJ OEM wheels Painted

Good afternoon all,

I bought some ZJ wheels for my MJ, and I would like to know how they look painted, I have seen some OEM wheels painted black or some other colors in the past and some look good, but I have never seen this Wheels painted, any one has this wheels painted? :???: , please show some pics.

My wheels are the same as on this picture

33440740034_large.jpg

Thank you all.

:yes:

Like any paint job, what makes it good and makes it last is the prep.Secondly its the paint, good paint properly applied followed with clear coat and allowing it sufficient drying time. Don't rush, take your time and do it rite and you will have a good looking wheel that will last you more then a season.

I have done a couple sets. Recently I have been using Duplicolor wheel primer, paint and there same labeled clear coat. I first media blasted the wheel, then primered it. Followed by the first of 3-4 light coats of color. (Out of rattle cans) Following the instructions for drying times between coats. Lastly the clear coat, I gave that a couple coats as well. I chose Graphite for a color and it came out great.

Here is a shot of a 10 spoke set I did...

I cannot find the pics of the set of XJ "LACE" wheels I also did...

CW

Thank you all for your suggestions, I think I will be painting them black,they look nice that way.

I will post some pics after i install new tires and paint the wheels.

Thanks

B.R. :thumbsup:

Like any paint job, what makes it good and makes it last is the prep.Secondly its the paint, good paint properly applied followed with clear coat and allowing it sufficient drying time. Don't rush, take your time and do it rite and you will have a good looking wheel that will last you more then a season.

I have done a couple sets. Recently I have been using Duplicolor wheel primer, paint and there same labeled clear coat. I first media blasted the wheel, then primered it. Followed by the first of 3-4 light coats of color. (Out of rattle cans) Following the instructions for drying times between coats. Lastly the clear coat, I gave that a couple coats as well. I chose Graphite for a color and it came out great.

Here is a shot of a 10 spoke set I did...

I cannot find the pics of the set of XJ "LACE" wheels I also did...

CW

Man those look nice what color is that i would love that color