XJ seats in a MJ

I just put a curved set of XJ seats into my MJ, Man are they nice! One problem, it seems like I'm sitting up really high, I'm only about 5'10" I think a 6' person may hit there head on the roof. Anyone else ever had this problem?

Yes, the XJ with the curved rails are about 3 inches taller than MJ seats. I had a set in mine, but couldn't stand hitting my head on the roof all the time, so I tossed them and put in seats that fit properly.

If your wanting to keep the seats, you just have to swap out the sliders. The seat frames are the same for all of them. Since these are in your MJ, I'm assuming that you used your MJ floor brackets. You'll just need to get a set of regular xj sliders and bolt them to your floor brackets and then bolt the seats back on.

:cheers:

I did the same thing when doing the bucket swap in my truck - used the rocker seats without realizing how much taller they'd be. After a few weeks, I found that I preferred the visibility and driving position of the higher seat (I'm 5'10"). I pulled off my rearview mirror and re-mounted it higher up on the windshield - that helped open up the view and made the cab feel less claustrophobic.

I did the same thing when doing the bucket swap in my truck - used the rocker seats without realizing how much taller they'd be. After a few weeks, I found that I preferred the visibility and driving position of the higher seat (I'm 5'10"). I pulled off my rearview mirror and re-mounted it higher up on the windshield - that helped open up the view and made the cab feel less claustrophobic.

ha ha i moved my mirror too!

i just flipped it upside down on the clip. now the dimmer is on the top, but i can see :thumbsup:

wasnt that right in your way?