MJOTM Blues

Unglar

The MJOTM thread reminded me of my 1986 MJ. I bought it brand new in Bremerton, Washington. Black 4x4 V6 AT on the column. 8 months later I transferred to the PI and my wife couldnt find (paying) work over there so I couldn't afford the payments and had to sell it. Sold it to a Navy Warrant Officer. Anyone ever hear of an MJ being brought back from the PI?

The MJOTM thread reminded me of my 1986 MJ. I bought it brand new in Bremerton, Washington. Black 4x4 V6 AT on the column. 8 months later I transferred to the PI and my wife couldnt find (paying) work over there so I couldn't afford the payments and had to sell it. Sold it to a Navy Warrant Officer. Anyone ever hear of an MJ being brought back from the PI?

You were about seven years after my time there, but as I recall not a whole bunch of CWO's stationed there. There are growing numbers of Subic Bay folks on Facebook, if you remember the name of the fellow I bet someone might know something.

I can't recall his name, small surprise it was only 23 years ago and I didn't know him accept that he bought the truck. I sent an email to the Oregon DMV asking for my registration records. Maybe that'll turn up a clue.

I got there in 83 and stayed until 86. Came back for a year, then went back and stayed until they closed Subic after Pinatubo. I do remember a couple of MJs running around the base. I had an S10 at the time though. :brows:

I can't recall his name, small surprise it was only 23 years ago and I didn't know him accept that he bought the truck. I sent an email to the Oregon DMV asking for my registration records. Maybe that'll turn up a clue.

If your search turns up a name give facebook a try, I am amazed at all the Subic Bay folks that are turning up on there.

The only noticable US Army presence there at the time was part of the JUSMAG (Joint Military Advisory Group) in Manila. Remember Col. James Rowe, USA, was assassinated in Manila in 89? And of course the Army had their obligatory veterinarian at the major bases. :D

Camp John Hay up in Baguio was the U.S. Military's VIP playground. :brows:

Man, that was a tough mountain golf course. Most of the holes seemed to be either almost straight up or down. I always liked the 19th hole the best. :D John Hay is still in business, now owned by Japanese and frequented by Japanese tourists almost exclusively.