I always thought it was the other way around....That people with GC's wanted to swap the cv style axle shafts, to regular U joint style shafts.

If hes referring to what I think he is, then hes talking about the axle shaft ends (inside the knuckle area behind the backing plate of the caliper). Right now you should have regular U Joints on the shafts CV's are inferior IMO.

I always thought it was the other way around....That people with GC's wanted to swap the cv style axle shafts, to regular U joint style shafts.

this is true, the cv shaft is not really weak, but higher maintenance like stated above. rubber boots get old and crack open, grease goes everywhere. if the grease is gone too long the joint is damaged, and it is far more common to replace the whole axle shaft as an assembly than to replace the boot even, and repairing the joint itself is basically never done anymore. so take all that and compare it to replacing a spicer u joint that lasts 100k.

you're basically comparing replacing an entire axle shaft, to servicing a u joint.