small lift

jackel18

i'm workin on turning my 2wd into a 4x4, and i don't like how low the truck sits. i was thinkin about puting a 3" lift on just to give it a better stance(and replace the stock stuff, thats falling apart). where could i get a good "complete" lift. or what parts should i get at what places. also would i have to drop the transfer case, or change any of the steering?

by the way anyone have any info on rebuild kits for the 4.0?

thanks in advance for the help.

thanks for the info possum. but my rear leafs are bad, so add-a-leaf won't work. do they even make 3" lift mj leaf springs? if not where could i get stock one so that i could use the add-a-leaf?

oh yea doesn't the aal made for a rough ride?

from what i have read rusty 4" packs give more than 4" of lift. Rusty sells a 3.5" add a leaf i just bought them for mine. it made the packs sit about 3" taller but i havent got them back on the truck yet so i don't know how much lift its going to give me. if your springs are saging maybe you could have them rearched and use the 3.5 AAL? After i get new bushings for my springs i will post some pix of them instaled.

Looking at CW's pics, they give some pretty good flex. Good enough that you wouldn't want a shorter shackle.

What you could do is run Rusty's 4" lift springs, and use blocks. Since your truck is SUA, the blocks will lower the truck as much as you'd like to lower it.

If your leafs are shot, I'd advise hunting down a good set of 4x4 MJ leafs to work with. car-part.com may be able to help. And if you give me a few more days, I'll be able to update everyone on usig Explorer leafs (which are infinitely more abundant in the yards).