A Sad day.

streetjeep2.5

Well, our bought new in 94 4x2 4.0 XJ with cruise (not working), AC, and that's all (no power locks, windows, etc) now with 267,000 miles now on it, is soon history with us. All I have had to do to it is a crank sensor, starter, radiator, water pump, differential bearings, and normal upkeep stuff, which makes it the most carefree car I have ever owned, is being replaced by a 2010 Inferno Red FWD Patriot with power locks, windows, cruise, sun roof, Cirrus Radio, heated outside fold away mirrors, 2.4 Auto, tire and wheel group (tires being turned around- don't like raised white letters), bunches of bells and whistles, in a dealer trade that gets a 23,500 vehicle for me for 19,200. My wife has had to do without a lot of conveniences, but now after 40 years, maybe something nice.

Been watching the Patriot, and the main selling point as far as my research? At least from what I have found, there are no used ones because no one is trading them in. This says volumes.

We shall see.

But, do not even THINK about replacing my MJ!!!!!!!!

congrats, and i have one word of advise, warranty. get an extended warranty. the way they're building cars these days is nuts, i'll never buy a new vehicle. all those bells and whistles will break, and cost money, and there are so many computers and modules on cars these days its nuts. trust me, i'm a mechanic, buy a good extended warranty.

congrats, and i have one word of advise, warranty. get an extended warranty. the way they're building cars these days is nuts, i'll never buy a new vehicle. all those bells and whistles will break, and cost money, and there are so many computers and modules on cars these days its nuts. trust me, i'm a mechanic, buy a good extended warranty.

Good advice... Take it. When the GF was looking for an economic car, she finally decided on a Toyota Corolla. I have a friend who is a journeyman at the Toyota dealer, and I worked on them in tech school. We all has the same take. Thing will be a tank, and ultra reliable. It will rust out before it dies. I told her not to buy into any of that warranty crap after the remainder of the factory warranty goes up. She didn;t listen. Good thing she didn't, because a month later the PCM had an internal error, and went kaput. $1800 PCM. She got the biggest bestest warranty, so the tow, the fix and the happy Corolla didn't cost her a dime. (Except the monthly warranty cost :roll: )

Rob L. :D

Good advice... Take it. When the GF was looking for an economic car, she finally decided on a Toyota Corolla. I have a friend who is a journeyman at the Toyota dealer, and I worked on them in tech school. We all has the same take. Thing will be a tank, and ultra reliable. It will rust out before it dies. I told her not to buy into any of that warranty crap after the remainder of the factory warranty goes up. She didn;t listen. Good thing she didn't, because a month later the PCM had an internal error, and went kaput. $1800 PCM. She got the biggest bestest warranty, so the tow, the fix and the happy Corolla didn't cost her a dime. (Except the monthly warranty cost :roll: )

Shouldnt the PCM have been covered by what is called Extended Federal Emissions? I think it goes 8 years, 80,000miles, also covers the cat converter. Required by the federal govt to cover that stuff longer.

Shouldnt the PCM have been covered by what is called Extended Federal Emissions? I think it goes 8 years, 80,000miles, also covers the cat converter. Required by the federal govt to cover that stuff longer.

I think they put it all under her extended because of the tow.

Rob L.