New Gauge Cluster Trouble

So I got my new gauge cluster ready and put back in. I have the new temperature sending unit and the oil pressure sending unit installed. I cranked the Jeep up and the oil pressure gauge came up, temperature gauge slowly came up, and the gas gauge went to about half way. Then after running for a minute, the gas gauge pegged out full. After I shut the vehicle off, the gauges didn't come back down. The temperature and gas gauges stayed right where they were; the oil pressure gauge came back down some, but that's it. Here is what it looks like with the Jeep off:

What would cause this?

I had these same kind of problems with my cluster swap. I pulled the cluster back out. Then clearanced the plug openings (female side) with an x-Acto knife so that the male plug would "click" into place easier. Before I reconnected the plugs, I took a sharp object and pulled up on the electrical contacts (male side) to increase contact pressure. Actually my problem was with the gas gauge, after I did this I reinstalled it, no problems.

Well, I took the glass off and pushed the needle to E and then restarted the truck. It came to somewhere between 3/4 and full. I then drove straight to the gas station and filled it up with 4 gallons. So, I guess its not that far off.