Help... it won't start, and I can't figure out why!

Ok, so I think I had water in the gas tank. Just to make sure I wasn't crazy, I pulled the fuel line from the fuel rail and put it in a bottle, cranked it over. Did get gas in the bottle. I set that aside and started to change out the fuel filter. After a while, I looked over, and there was water at the bottom of the bottle of fuel. So, I went about siphoning out the tank. I want to make sure that I have all the fuel and/or water out. I siphoned out as best I could, and then took the feed line off at the fuel filter and turned the key to run a few times to let the pump work out some more of the fuel I couldn't get with the siphon. My question is, where is the fuel pickup for the pump? If I put the truck in a nose down or nose up position, will I have better luck getting more fuel/water out? I REALLY don't want to drop the tank, but also don't want this all to go to waste if I don't get the water out.

I also disconnected the fuel lines where I could and drained them. Got the fuel out of the fuel rail for the EFI also. So, am missing anything?

J.

If you add stabil to the tank upon refueling and about half a shot glass of the highest powered rubbing alcohol to the tank the water will not be an issue anymore plus it will stabilize any left over fuel. did this with mine when i first got it and it had 3yr old gas and it ran on it till i filled up. :brows:

Cole

hey boiler, i belive the fuel pick-up is right in the middle, so either nose up or down won't help, have the truck sitting level ( or fuel tank if the truck doesn't sit level) and it should get most of it out. or at least that is what the tank on my blue on is like, the one where you got the flares from, but it has the 4 cyl engine and the tanks probably the same for the 4.0's. too bad these trucks don't have a drain plug on the tanks, that would make it easy.

It works just like the gasoline dryer. It will take all the water out of your gas. You ONLY use about Half a Shot glass full (so 2-3 Cap fulls) of the purest you can find. Do not pour a whole bottle cause you will be replaceing plugs and a few other things cause it will cook the ends of the spark plugs and they will turn super white. I have done this several times but as Pete said you can buy the gasoline dryer stuff at the auto parts if you don't feel comfortable doing the alcohol. Good Luck

Cole

I want to thank you all for the help. I still haven't gotten it started, and I'm in over my head. I don't have the knowledge, and more importantly, the time for this. So, the Comanche is in the classifieds section.

Thanks once again.

Josh