Factory shock swaps.

Jeep Comanche!

89 Jeep Comanche original owner. In 1989 they had a recall so to speak, they didn't put catalytic converters on their Jeep Comanche's. Included was a new in the box, genuine Mopar catalytic converter. It has sat unused on the garage floor for years. The truck was posted on craigslist. Click here to see the ad as it was. Original shocks in the back from 20 years ago. You can guess what 20 year old shocks do...pretty much nothing! So every big dip in the road causes a series of 5 bounces. So I was looking into what shocks will fit at the wrecking yard. I will also get a set of add-a-leafs, a little more weight in the back can't hurt traction. The front shocks have been changed at some point, this will focus on the rear shock's for now.

Here is a list of trucks that share the same rear shocks.

92-99 2wd Suburban

73-86 2wd Suburban

85-04 Safari/Astro 2wd van

90-04 Safari/Astro AWD van

70-95 fullsize chev/gmc van

80-96 ford f100/f150 2wd pu

82-94 dodge ram 50 4wd pu

83-89 dodge raider w/leafs

65-77 ford f250 4wd

69-91 2wd blazer/jimmy

69-87 2wd chev/gmc pu

85-95 toyota motorhome w/dually

87-95 nissan pathfinder 2wd/4wd

83-06 ford ranger 2wd

83-90 ford broncoII 4wd

86-96 dodge dakota 2wd

shock specs:

extended:22.58"

Collapsed:13.78"

Travel: 8.85"

type:loop to loop

One Jeep dealer I used to work at lifted brand new JK Wranglers, and threw out all the unused new take off parts. I grabbed a bunch of stuff from that including front and rear shocks. They are about one inch longer than MJ stock shocks.... at least on my 2wd 2.5. I did some slight modifications to the ends and installed the rear ones already and they work great. I modded the front ones too to fit but have yet to install them.... waiting to do my 4x4 conversion. But I expect them to work fine too!

JK is '07 up Wrangler.

• 3 years later...