Installation questions on long arm lift?

I know this topic has been beat to death but I would like some info on the actual install of a long arm lift from someone who has actually has it in there mj. I have read almost every thread that mentions long arm and all I have really seen is should I get it or not. I don't really need that info. I know that drop brackets and long arm kits both require modifications. So if any one has installed in particularly rough country's 6.5" long arm kit I would like some info. Thanks

Well I talked with rough country tonight and they said they don't carry mj long arm kits. I asked would you be able to sell just the front half of the kit for xjs. They said no. This is crazy, so does someone know of an inside guy they have used at RC that I may get a better response from?

And thanks for the link on the install it pretty much answered my question on installing long arm kits on an mj I know it can be accomplished.

No this guy wasn't very helpful. I kind of got the vibe from him like he was ending his shift and wanted to get off the phone as quick as possible. Sometimes I don't hold that against people because I know I wouldn't want there job. So if I don't get an inside name in the next couple of days I will try and call again. Someone on here said to try that and I might get a completly different response.

No this guy wasn't very helpful. I kind of got the vibe from him like he was ending his shift and wanted to get off the phone as quick as possible. Sometimes I don't hold that against people because I know I wouldn't want there job. So if I don't get an inside name in the next couple of days I will try and call again. Someone on here said to try that and I might get a completly different response.

Ask for Jason. He is very active and helpful over on NAXJA. He wheels an XJ, and actually turns a wrench every so often!

Well I talked with rough country tonight and they said they don't carry mj long arm kits. I asked would you be able to sell just the front half of the kit for xjs. They said no.

You can get the long arm upgrade and add the missing parts on your own.

:agree:

Have you looked at their web site? They have everything you need without buying the XJ kit. Get the long arms and add the track bar and other miscellaneous parts and you have the front half of the kit.

Willy

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update rough country will sell you anything you need to make a system designed for your needs. I wish I had gotten the name of the first dude but those guys in tenn. Have some real strong accents. Jeffry is the person I spoke to the second time and was very helpful and gave me good deal.