stock rims

My '89 Pioneer came with rims kinda like in the big picture, except not as shiny and 5 lug with much smaller center caps. I've heard the referred to as the "Turbine" wheels and I've seen the same wheels on XJ's & MJ's from the late eighties. I never measured them but I assumed the size was 15 x7 with 5.25" backspacing which was pretty much the standard on XJ's

MJ3.jpg

thanks DC.

I've got rims that look like these.

1514.jpg

but with a black center cap that says jeep.

and the spare looks like this

STL09029U20R.JPG[/img]

The rims in the big pic are 15x7 from an older full-size Grand Wagoneer. They have a 6-bolt lug pattern.

The wheel in the smaller pic is a steel 15x7 but wasn't what came stock on the Pioneer. The stock Pioneer rim was the 15x6 rim with 9 rectangular slots. On the Pioneer it came with SS trim rings. But that was with the base tires. If the original buyer got the OWL tire option, they were larger and came on the 15x7 rims like the one in the smaller picture.

the one in the bed (spare) does have the SS trim ring. I guess I didn't notice that in the picture. So likely thats an original, or that's the standard spare. I have the exact tires as xj maki. o I assume that I have the OWL tire option, whatever that is. On another note, I'm tired of the spare in my bed, will the spare fit underneath with a 31" tire? Also, how exactly does that attachment work, I'm not sure I have all the pieces. It's a cable with what looks to be a big wing nut. Oh to have an owners manaul.

I carried a 31 under mine.

The stock spare tire carrier is a winch. Look in the back, above the license plate, and you'll see a hole in the splash apron. Behind that is a tube that runs to the winch. Stick your stock jack handle in there (I hope you have it -- look behind the driver's seat) and crank.

OWL = Outline White Letter

well, that makes it interesting then. A few problems with my spare carrier.

A PO put a rollpan on the truck. Why you would do that to a 4x4 Jeep I have no idea. I'm not sure if I can get to the winch.

I also have no factory accesories. No jack, no handle. Currently my jack is a floor jack in my toolbox. I take it that the handle has a matching end to the winch? More than likely looking like a u-joint that's in 2 pieces.