How to remove wiper arms?

Tried to remove the wiper arms today, well...after half an hour of :hmm: :huh???: and :rant: they are still there.

Pulled the clip seen in the picture below, that loosend them up a little but i still couldnt get them off. Is there some magic trick that i don't know?

On the wiper arm itself there is a little tab (see green arrow) that you pry out with the straight screwdriver (pry away/out from wiper, not up). Once the tab is out you can lift up on the wiper arms and they should come off. They may be a bit difficult to get off, so take your time and be careful if you try to pry on them.

100_1784.jpg

Yup, that tab has to go away from the arm, and make sure it's ALL the way pushed out. Then, what I do is push down on the end of the arm, which should raise the arm at the base, and it should come off. I tried wiggling and pulling at the base, then found out when I let the arm down it came loose. I've had to remove these arms a few times, so they're not going past the glass when they wipe, and it gets easier every time. Once you get yours off, you might want to put a drop of two of lubricant on the knurled knobs that the base of the arms sit on.

:agree: On my wiper arms I found that if you pull the arm up, then pull the clip out, let arm back down, (it should only go part way) the clip holds the arm away from the glass, the arm holds the clip from returning to it's "seated" position. Now you can wiggle the arm off without having to fight the spring tension on the glass.

:agree: On my wiper arms I found that if you pull the arm up, then pull the clip out, let arm back down, (it should only go part way) the clip holds the arm away from the glass, the arm holds the clip from returning to it's "seated" position. Now you can wiggle the arm off without having to fight the spring tension on the glass.

EXACTLY! If after you pull the tab away from the base of the wiper arm, the arm still goes all the way down, you don't have the tab pulled all the way out. The arm will NOT go all the way down to the glass once that tab is pulled all the way out. With the arm resting away from the glass, it should release the tension on the base, and the arms should pop right off.