Looking for a tranny

FLMANCHE526

Uh... what?

AX-5 and AX-15 are not interchangeable.

AX-5 goes behind the 2.5 4 cylinder and 2.8 V6

AX-15 goes behind the 4.0. The AX-15 can go behind a 4 popper, but you need a special Dakota bellhousing, and you're going to do a bit of fab work.

If you can't locate one on here, check the junkards. You can grab one from any manual 2.5 or 2.8 XJ, MJ, YJ, or TJ. Just remember the early 2.5s and 2.8s did have a habit of coming with the AX-4 too, identical trans, just no 5th gear. You could use one in a pinch if you can't find an AX-5.

Just so happens I stumbled on this last night while surfing craig'slist here in Houston. Aint Florida but i felt like sharing.

5 speed manual trany from 1985 jeep cherokee sport. bolts up to 4 cylinder engine. i also have transfer case and engine from this vehicle. also 100 each. have more parts too, cheep. call me to see or for more info @ 832-326-3034

PS: Please don't buy my engine.

Every time I see the title of this thread I have to resist posting a wise @ss reply.

(me = :dunce: )

I am with ya man... Unfortunately, this moderator thing keeps me on the straight and narrow... :roll:

Rob L. :D

I am not bound by those restrictions, so. . . I found one for you ~

Sorry - I will give you a call when I find the transmission for you Dan - :shake:

• 2 weeks later...