tire width

STERLING STINGER

no offense but "looks" are not what makes something functional. you obviously have no real comprehension on the use of narrower and taller tires.

well, we've all proven that your idea of how things look is often tragically skewed, so we can throw that one out of the window.

:rant: Ahhh, I see the old Pat has returned. Rude, tactless, and ALWAYS right. :shake:

Now that I've got that off my chest, ahh, EVERYBODY, he has made it clear he is not specifically wanting military tires. Mainly tall and skinny. But as always, the usual suspects here all get a hard on to latch on to the minor references or somewhat inaccurate descriptions of what the OP is looking for and then go on and on trying to show how knowledgeable they are about something that never really address the true question. Then at some point, just like on this thread, Pete cuts through the crap and gets to the point "what is the purpose of these tires?".

Sterling, in addition to the 31/9.5 Swampers suggested, BFG has 33/9.5's depending on how much lift you go with. End :rant:

jamminz.gif

take it to a tire store with the proper machine and they make numerous little cuts in the tire surface so that you get better wintertime traction. Essentially replicating a snow tire (though true snow tires are also made from a super sticky compound). Those little lines found in normal tires are what helps you stop in slick weather. Tires without them can be very dangerous, especially under a lightweight truck.

your next tire (wider version):

ss_tsl_big.gif

a snow tire:

snow_tire.jpg

a BFG with some siping added:

bfg_km2_sipe.jpg

background info on siping: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siping_%28rubber%29