Clutch pedal acting up

ok when i got my Comanche Wednesday and i test drove it the kid said the clutch needed bled out it still engaged but it was like 2" off of the floor.

so seeing that i had no help today i stopped up my buddies shop and we put it on the lift and bled the clutch it was full of air and worked 100% fine well after inspecting the frame and other parts on my truck we took it down off the lift and topped off the fluid and i went to pull it out and bumped the pedal and it fell to the floor then hit it again and it had pressure.

well a long story short its acting up again. you gotta double pump it to get pressure and i ahve no clue what it could be

the previous owners had a new master cylinder and slave cyl installed

has anyone else encountered this problem??

please reply this is getting very annoying

:agree:

One really wierd thing that happened at work once that caused a similar condition. We bled out the clutch, but the reservoir cap was on. The rubber seal came off the cap and was down inside the reservoir. Didn't notice and filled the brake fluid on top of the seal. Made for a very funky pedal.

:agree:

One really wierd thing that happened at work once that caused a similar condition. We bled out the clutch, but the reservoir cap was on. The rubber seal came off the cap and was down inside the reservoir. Didn't notice and filled the brake fluid on top of the seal. Made for a very funky pedal.

yeah but a bad sael will not cause the pedal to loose pressure and fall the the floor after 5 min of sitting. its a PITA when you gotta pump it up every time you go to start it. once its pumped up it works fine but even while driving down the high way you gota double clutch it to get it to work sometimes.

as for the hydro bleeding post i have blead many hydro clutches. i used to build turbo drags cars/street cars there pretty easy to blead out but #1 the comanche bleeder sucks and is in a tight spot thats why i needed a lift. #2 i didnt want to get brake fluid all over me. #3 it makes no sence because the master cly is new so is the slave cyl and we checked the lines for leaks. no leaks. I'm stumped.