does the 2.5L have a PCV or CCV system?

I just checked all pertinant literature (Haynes 50010, Chilton 7939, Factory M.R.277) That I have. Have determined that 2.5 for years 84-85 was carb. '86 up TBI. Could not find a definate date seperating PCV and CCV. Gonna take a look at the emission sticker and see what it says. In the morn. To cold an dark out now.

Sounds like we're back to the ol "What did the previous owner" do or is it a Jeep odd ball. I got a '86 2.5, 5speed sitting behind the garage with carb and PCV

What is the 4th character in the VIN? Is it an H or a U? If it's an H it had a 2.5L with TBI originally, if it's a U it had a 2.5L with a carburetor originally. I have never seen a 1986 Comanche with a carbureted 2.5L.

I have a title for this one so I was able to look it up now. The fourth character from the left is a "W". No further comment from this end. And yes I know what W stands for.

Yeah, if the 4th character in the VIN is a W then that means that it came with a 2.8L V6 originally. Someone must have put a 2.5L with a carburetor in it unless you meant to say it had a 2.8L in it. :hmm: