Solid state Oxygen Sensor.

The previous owner of my Comanche installed the solid state (threaded rod) oxygen sensor on the right.. I replaced it with the old style one on the left. Anyone know of any advantage in removing the oxygen sensor? I'm trying to chase down the source of my emissions light. The new oxygen sensor didn't clear it, but it idles a lot smoother.

oxygen.jpg

Is it an "Maint Req'd" light?

If so, its just a timer under the dash... Unplug it, and the light will go away... I think it was set to go off at 82,500 miles or something... Looks like a clear box with some gears...

Rob L. :cheers:

THIS.

There is no 'check engine light' on a Renix,

the Maintenance Req'd light only goes on for those few MJ'ers who are lucky enough to be driving an 80k mile MJ.

Unplug the clock box, smash it with a hammer, and forget about the light. :D

In answer to the other part of the question,

there is no advantage to removing the o2 sensor.

I could see being too cheap to replace it, but then why not leave the 'bad' one in, instead of plugging the hole with threaded rod?

It's good that the Jeep is running better already, but it might still help to disconnect the battery (turning the key forward a few times while it's disconnected), to help the computer re-learn & adjust to the working O2.

Some say Renix's don't 'remember' anything, but disconnecting the battery can't hurt. :D

In answer to the other part of the question,

there is no advantage to removing the o2 sensor.

I could see being too cheap to replace it, but then why not leave the 'bad' one in, instead of plugging the hole with threaded rod?

It's good that the Jeep is running better already, but it might still help to disconnect the battery (turning the key forward a few times while it's disconnected), to help the computer re-learn & adjust to the working O2.

Some say Renix's don't 'remember' anything, but disconnecting the battery can't hurt. :D

I'll give this a try. As you say it can't hurt. I just disconnected the EMR as everyone suggested. I read somewhere that only the 91 and 92 EMR modules can be reset.

Mac...