New guy wants a Comanche

Mine has never officially been on the road I have always had to trailer it somewhere to legally play with it.

I live on an army base, people stop at the end of my driveway, look at the half gloss, half flat black rust paint spray bomb hillbilly paint job i did in -10 degree celcius weather. They then get out of their cars on my little 1.5 lane wide street, walk up to it, after seeing if anybody is looking of course, they poke around it, look in it, then sometimes they knock on the door and have rediculous questions like "Is that a jeep?" and "What the hell is that?" and hey can you take me in the mud? But nobody ever wants to help build it. Ya, the comanche is a real mans truck but at the same time I find its a huge idiot magnet.

By idiots, I mean the ignorant people who love, eat sleep breathe and hump HONDAs, AKA lawnmower cars.

(Editted for grammar)

Mine has never officially been on the road I have always had to trailer it somewhere to legally play with it.

I live on an army base, people stop at the end of my driveway, look at the half gloss, half flat black rust paint spray bomb hillbilly paint job i did in -10 degree celcius weather. They then get out of their cars on my little 1.5 lane wide street, walk up to it, after seeing if anybody is looking of course, they poke around it, look in it, then sometimes they knock on the door and have rediculous questions like "Is that a jeep?" and "What the hell is that?" and hey can you take me in the mud? But nobody ever wants to help build it. Ya, the comanche is a real mans truck but at the same time I find its a huge idiot magnet.

By idiots, I mean the ignorant people who love, eat sleep breathe and hump HONDAs, AKA lawnmower cars.

(Editted for grammar)

hahahah I know exactly what you mean. I don't know how many times I've heard "is that a jeep?". It gets old lol but I still love the fact that people think its the best thing ever when it had no paint and it's covered in dents lol

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to up date I found an 88, 2wd, short box, 6cyl, 5 speed on craigslist for $600.00 it has a good body (almost no rust) runs well and is complete. I will pick it up later this week. Thanks for the input from everyone I'll attach some pics next week.