2009 College Football Bowl Game Thread

SuperWade2

Congrats Don... I'm sure your happy... I know the feeling (although it's been more than a dozen years since my team has been there)...

I hate to say that I wasn't very impressed with either team... and I'm pretty certain that Nebraska D was better than Alabama's D this year #1 Scoring Defense in FBS in 2009... (I'm sure you might disagree)...

I'm pretty sure if Nebraska had knocked out Colt McCoy in the first 5 minutes, you wouldn't have been playing TX this year...

Congrats... :cheers:

BTW, No Offense, but i'm not a Saban Fan

Welp, was a good game. I definitely applaud Gilbert's turn around in the second half too...got a bit scared after that second touchdown he threw though. But you were right Don, Bama's defense won it for em. Oh yeah and as for my prediction. :brows:

I say 33-20 BAMA.

Actual: 37-21 BAMA

Damn I'm good!!! :banana:

Thanks guys. Bama is a class team, thanks to Saban. Been a long time (92) since they won the biggie. They do what they have to do to win w/o embarassing the other team. If McCoy didn't get injured (on a clean smashmouth hit), the result would have been the same, only with a higher score, prolly same point spread. It was complete control throughout. Wade, I think it would have been easier against the Huskers w. their zero offense. Congrats to the Horns, they WILL be tougher next year. But nobody's leaving Bama - they will be even tougher next year. ROLL TIDE!

Thanks guys. Bama is a class team, thanks to Saban. Been a long time (92) since they won the biggie. They do what they have to do to win w/o embarassing the other team. If McCoy didn't get injured (on a clean smashmouth hit), the result would have been the same, only with a higher score, prolly same point spread. It was complete control throughout. Wade, I think it would have been easier against the Huskers w. their zero offense. Congrats to the Horns, they WILL be tougher next year. But nobody's leaving Bama - they will be even tougher next year. ROLL TIDE!

We'll never know, but I don't see ALA scoring more than 10-14 again Nebraska... :eek: they still might have won 14-0 but ....

The 'Bama defense doesn't get the credit it deserves. It's a complete balanced team - a Saban trademark. Hell, the offense isn't that great either. Ingram is the only marque player. But the TEAM on either end of the ball is the best in the NCAA. I see a shutout against the Huskers as they are now. And 14 - 0 is a good guesstimate score, as 'Bama wouldn't run it up as the Huskers did in the long ago hayday. :cheers:

The 'Bama defense doesn't get the credit it deserves. It's a complete balanced team - a Saban trademark. Hell, the offense isn't that great either. Ingram is the only marque player. But the TEAM on either end of the ball is the best in the NCAA. I see a shutout against the Huskers as they are now. And 14 - 0 is a good guesstimate score, as 'Bama wouldn't run it up as the Huskers did in the long ago hayday. :cheers:

Just Enjoy the big win and a fine Season... :cheers:

I think Nebraska will be in the big game in the next couple of years too...Maybe we can get an ALA/NEB Game in the future...then we'll let the trash talk fly!

Ain't no trash - just fact. Yeah I'd like to see a Husker/Tide final too. 'Bama will be there next year, but I doubt y'all will. Too bad it couldn't be an all SEC final where the best football is at present. :cheers:

The Bear would be proud.

:agree: Can't deny he can coach, but don't trust the man. Didn't like him at LSU either. Just a feeling I have about him...

Y'all don't like him because he doesn't coach your respective teams. :D Trust? Feeling? WTF? He get results within the rules. You prolly don't trust him because he reneged on his comittment to the pros. He belongs in college football - he knows that - his style wouldn't work in the pros. Bring him to NEB or UVA and he would turn those programs around too. Quickly. Get real.

Did you see the stat for bamas QBs from the last 3 title teams ( i think it was the last 3)?

last night: 6 for 11 (for 58 yds)

1993: 4 for 13 (for 18 yds)

don't remember year: 6 for 11

Thats ony 35 attempts in 3 games and 16 completions :eek: ; and they won those games. Think bama likes to run?

:agree: Can't deny he can coach, but don't trust the man. Didn't like him at LSU either. Just a feeling I have about him...

Y'all don't like him because he doesn't coach your respective teams. :D Trust? Feeling? WTF? He get results within the rules. You prolly don't trust him because he reneged on his comittment to the pros. He belongs in college football - he knows that - his style wouldn't work in the pros. Bring him to NEB or UVA and he would turn those programs around too. Quickly. Get real.

Damn Don, never seen you so fired up over something! I prefaced by saying he can coach. Two championships at 2 schools, no arguing that. But so could Barry Switzer at Oklahoma. You say within the rules, I say he just hasn't been caught yet. All I'm saying is I don't like the guy. If UVa could have hired him, hell yeah I'd take him. Doesn't mean I have to like him or that I still can't have that "feeling" that he could be shady behind his on-screen Dudley Do-Right personna. And don't forget, I'm a HUGE Bama fan, so this is just between me and Nick..............and you LOL! :chillin:

Did you see the stat for bamas QBs from the last 3 title teams ( i think it was the last 3)?

last night: 6 for 11 (for 58 yds)

1993: 4 for 13 (for 18 yds)

don't remember year: 6 for 11

Thats ony 35 attempts in 3 games and 16 completions :eek: ; and they won those games. Think bama likes to run?

A little defensive ability helps too Jim. :yes: And yeah Wahoo, Saban has all the personality of a bent $#!&can and has no life outside of football. He is hard to like. I admire his wife for putting up with him. But he could care less about his popularity, he just wins baby. :cheers: :cheers:

Meh... you can keep him... I have the right coach for my team right now....

I think from #117 in Scoring Defense to #1 in 2 years is pretty good turn around... Nebraska had fallen further than ALA did with the goofy Bill Callahan "experiment"...

***EDIT*** The Last time a Saban coached team played Nebraska... the score was 50-10

*** EDIT 2 *** Nebraska has 3 National Championships since the last time Alabama won one... :D

I think from #117 in Scoring Defense to #1 in 2 years is pretty good turn around... Nebraska had fallen further than ALA did with the goofy Bill Callahan "experiment"...

***EDIT*** The Last time a Saban coached team played Nebraska... the score was 50-10

*** EDIT 2 *** Nebraska has 3 National Championships since the last time Alabama won one... :D

:popcorn:

:popcorn:

It's going to be a LOOOONG off season...

Since 1869 when football National Champions were declared by one means or another, Alabama has 17, Nebraska has 11. The most have been racked up by Princeton with 28, followed by Yale with 27. Anyone can skew statistics to make their point. But none of these stats matter Wade; the point is Bama won the Championship, the Huskers didn't make the game. Case closed. Should be exactly the same results next year too. :cheers:

Since 1869 when football National Champions were declared by one means or another, Alabama has 17, Nebraska has 11. The most have been racked up by Princeton with 28, followed by Yale with 27. Anyone can skew statistics to make their point. But none of these stats matter Wade; the point is Bama won the Championship, the Huskers didn't make the game. Case closed. Should be exactly the same results next year too. :cheers:

I'm guessing we'll have a very similar discussion about this time next year regardless of who is or is not in the big game... I just like having someone to banter with... all these namby-pamby Pac-10 fans (specifically Cal/Stanford) in my my region don't have the FIRST clue about REAL College football or real fans. One of the very FEW things I miss about living in Nebraska is having something that you were passionate about in common with a million or so people, and even more so on 12-14 Saturday's a year in the fall and early winter.

:cheers:

BTW> Nebraska has 271 Academic All-Americans over the years (#1 by 30% over #2)... I don't see Alabama in the top 10... hehe :D

Agree Wade - you always go back to your roots even if you live on the moon. Being originally from VT, and living about everywhere since then, I'll always be a Celtic and Red Sox fan; that'll never stop. Ain't much football up North except Penn Sate. I'm a 'Bama come here, been here for several years now, will never go back up north. And when you say "having something that you were passionate about in common with a million or so people", that sure pertains to this state. Football rules here, and you're either an Auburn fan or a 'Bama fan, both sides hate the other side equally. :D The Iron Bowl is a state holiday. :D Since both my daughters attend UA, one in the Tuscaloosa motherland and the other at UA-Huntsville, you kind of get swept up in it. It's great for the state that 'Bama's back and looks to stay there for awhile and IB happy. I suspect Nebraska is the same way. :cheers: