RC nitro cars?

Oizarod115

http://www.funrise.com/detail.aspx?id=06161

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=4016706

Look at these...they really CRAWL, soft ""aired down"" tars, LOCKED diffs, Hi & LO range. They have a very flexable suspention and act very much like my/all built TJ's. The 1:6 size is quite large!! It's about 20" front to back and over a foot wide.VERY COOL!!!

P06161_0M.jpg

0002166406161_500X500.jpg

Show 'em who's king of the off-road with the Rock Crawler. With true solid-axle suspension, this radio-controlled 1:6-scale Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-wheeler can climb over almost any rough terrain. To bring out your competitive side, its four-band RC lets you race against three of your friends. And, with a burnt orange paint job and blue top railing, it looks as tough as it drives.

CW

http://www.funrise.com/detail.aspx?id=06161

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=4016706

Look at these...they really CRAWL, soft ""aired down"" tars, LOCKED diffs, Hi & LO range. They have a very flexable suspention and act very much like my/all built TJ's. The 1:6 size is quite large!! It's about 20" front to back and over a foot wide.VERY COOL!!!

P06161_0M.jpg

0002166406161_500X500.jpg

Show 'em who's king of the off-road with the Rock Crawler. With true solid-axle suspension, this radio-controlled 1:6-scale Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-wheeler can climb over almost any rough terrain. To bring out your competitive side, its four-band RC lets you race against three of your friends. And, with a burnt orange paint job and blue top railing, it looks as tough as it drives.

CW

I have one. :D

It is fun to crawl over things but it is so slow..... I'm still trying to find a way to make mine go faster. I have painted mine and added some leds to it.

Those Walmart crawlers are ok for what they are but I think Oizarod115 is looking more towards a hoddy store type r/c truck. There is a big difference. The type he is looking at you can change the body, throw in hopped up engines, change tires, upgrade shocks, heck I even put a rear locker in one of mine. There is a huge aftermarket following on those types of vehicles.

Also he is looking for a Nitro R/C which means it has a 2 stroke engine that runs off a Nitro methane mix instead of batteries. They are a blast and will reach speed of around 50 mph.

There is one thing to remember though. They are lots of $$$ and much like a JEEP, they will empty your wallet and bleed you dry. :D

Here are a couple pics of one of my 1/8 scale trucks.....

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

i have one of the R/C Gladiator Concepts. it did really well off-road stock but i took it into a hobby store and it is now in parts getting better tires, motor, everything. i am making it gas so i don't have to keep messing with that stupid battery. it is not the hot wheels one but the big 1:6 scale version. i can't seem to find any pics so i will have to keep looking or get some later. i plan on doing with it like the MJ R/C is that was on here awhile ago.

Alex

Hey John, where did you get your LED's at? I just picked up a 1:6 scale Jeep at my Walmart and I wanna modify it. Also, does the spare tire give you trouble? Mine sits on the back of the body alot and it seems like it'd be in the way. Thanks, Shawn. 8)

I got them at Radio shack. I think I spent around $10 for every thing. Super easy install. I've caught the spare tire on a couple things but it doesn't seem to be in the way too much, plus it looks cool.