Ants, Rust, and Oh @#$%!

Went out to the folks property, where the Comanche is parked, this weekend. The carpet is still wet so I decided to pull out the rest of the carpet. The good news is the rust is bad, but not as bad as I thought. The floor board piece I cut out of the donor Comanche will cover all the damage. I duct taped around the window to slow the leak. I used WD40 to soaked down the area where the bolts hold the bench seat down. I was horrified to find that the bolts were missing/loose and none of the nuts were on it. I had been driving with just the carpet/seat belts holding the seat in. The dealer never put the hardware back in after he saw the rusted floor board. Frikin used car dealer. I found a billion carpenter ants nesting in the carpet pocket lint too. Only got bit once lol

I had my MJ in a barn up on the family farm for about 16 months while I was working on it. I still get little pieces of nesting material (parts of the fabric matting under the cargo matting) from the community of field mice that took up residence inside it, blowing out of the HVAC system when I turn the fan on. I literally spent a whole day pulling chunks of it out, too....thought I got it all but must not have :(

I hate varmints!

Jeff