89 mj 4x4 swap using an HO drivetrain

ok i have a 93 cherokee 4LHO AUTO 4x4 with D35 front and chrysler 8.25 rear , i want to swap everything i can over to the MJ . what can i swap and what can't i , inside and out ???

MJ interior already gutted except one seat and stearing column. wanna keep it auto aswell .

the MJ is in MINT MINT MINT condition . looks like it just rolled off the show room floor . only 60,000 K ( yeah i am in Canada eh') LOL

Everything front door forward will swap over with a few exceptions. The engine and trans will swap in, and the dash will too, front axle will but the rear axle and driveshaft won't. To use the rear axle, the spring perches will have to be made to work with the MJ, meaning cut off and rewelded on in the correct location, unless the rear axle in the MJ is the same gearing as the gearing in the XJ, then you would just keep your rear axle, but you will have to find a correct driveshaft or have your original MJ rear diveshaft cut to the right length, and the interior wiring will have to be adapted to the MJ rear harness in order to make the tailights work properly.

And if your MJ is so mint why is it gutted?, What engine trans and wheelbase did it have originally and what is the gearing in the MJ and in the XJ axles? Just ask us whatever else you will need to know as you go along and your project will come out perfect. Let us know what you need and we are here to help.

sounds good so far , i don't expect this to be problem free. its just the interior that's gutted , the guy (kid) that had it wanted to put a custom stainless steel dash and racing seats so he gutted it and lost interest . LOL

1. Will my tranny from the XJ bolt right up to the motor in the MJ?

2. I was planning on doing a spring over in the rear and lifting the front with a kit. Are the measurements for the leaf spring perches different in the means of how far apart they are from each other or just that XJ = spring over ,MJ = spring under???

1. Will my tranny from the XJ bolt right up to the motor in the MJ?

Yes. But you have to be sure to use the flywheel (flex plate) that corresponds to the year of the electonics you'll be running. If you're going to switch to the 93 injection/ignition, be sure you keep the '93 flex plate on the engine and use the '93 CPS.

2. I was planning on doing a spring over in the rear and lifting the front with a kit. Are the measurements for the leaf spring perches different in the means of how far apart they are from each other or just that XJ = spring over ,MJ = spring under???

They are NOT the same spacing.

:hijack:

Yes. But you have to be sure to use the flywheel (flex plate) that corresponds to the year of the electonics you'll be running. If you're going to switch to the 93 injection/ignition, be sure you keep the '93 flex plate on the engine and use the '93 CPS.

So, if I swap a '89 XJ 4.0 with my '87 MJ 4.0 I need to use the CPS for the '89? No wonder it ran so bad.... in addition to the exhaust leaks... End Hijack!

:hijack:

So, if I swap a '89 XJ 4.0 with my '87 MJ 4.0 I need to use the CPS for the '89? No wonder it ran so bad.... in addition to the exhaust leaks... End Hijack!

87-90 will use the same CPS. 91+ have a different one.