need advice

Why? if the bearings fix his oil pressure problem, he's good to go for a long time yet.

I don't see the word 'low' anywhere.

But whatever. I don't want to argue. As you said, he's got your advice and he's got mine. Hopefully whatever he decides works out for him.

:cheers:

LOL, you're right. You didn't use the word 'low'. My bad. :cheers:

Wow, ok boys cool your jets :eek: :D :D Yes i was just asking for advise, and i thank you guys for your input. i don't have any low oil pressure that i know of, i just want to keep it that way. aemsee i understand your point of view, and thought about it, but i know how my 4.0 has been treated for the last 18 years, i have all the receipts for every oil change it has had, and any other work that was done since 1991, i also know how it was drove those years and it as been well taken care of, i know exactly whats wrong/right with my motor, so once i have this work done ill know ill be in shape for quite a while, and yes there is always the chance that something else could suddenly go out, but I'm will to take that chance here. i figure since i know everything about this motor why buy one that i know nothing about? A friend of the family as a 87-88 XJ with the 4.0 that was pushing 500,000 miles with just regular maintenance, nothing major had been done to it, till the tree fell on it in a windstorm and smashed it flat. :fs1: anyway I'm crossing my fingers that i might be able to get that many out of mine :chillin:

and thanks to the mod that cleaned up my thread :bowdown: :cheers:

This is for a Renix-era vehicle, so the newest engine that could be a direct replacement would be out of a 1990 XJ or MJ. There was no ZJ back then, and the Wranglers thru 1990 didn't get the 4.0L engine. Chances of finding a low mileage engine in a 1990 or older vehicle are rather remote. I think it makes much more sense to do a preemptive strike on the engine that's in the truck. The pan has to come off to do the rear main seal, and getting the pan off is a PITA. So it only makes sense to throw bearings in while it's open.