Sno-Runner

Dave Stark

With as many gear-heads that are on here, i thought more people would remember them, but i guess not. :smart:

It was a Chrysler designed snow-motorcycle that was produced for about three years. It had a chain driven paddle belt powered by a 125cc engine. They stopped making the things in 1982 (ostensibly from bankruptcy) because too many people were breaking their necks.

http://www.sno-runner.com/Historyandpictures.html

Sorry didn't mean it to be too mean. I am actually getting the thinner cylinder head spacer installed for all that extra power :rotf: :rotf: worth a shot I guess, already have the high performance? sprocket/clutch installed. Supposedly this and the head spacer add 1-2 hp and give you faster starts/top end speed? Have you rode your sno-rabbit or just picked it up and need parts, the website that was posted says it has carbs for sale?

Once I get it done I'm going to to throw it in the back of manche like everyone here does with there 4-wheelers and dirt bikes. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :yes:

Years ago we had bought out a dealer that still had about six of them in crates, needless to say i tinkered with them just a bit. Since then most have been sold / grenaded. Yes, you will gain some power/speed by removing the thick spacer, it will not help starting (if anything it is much more difficult even with the pressure relief valve). I never had any trouble with the clutch/sprocket.

If i can't get a used carburetor, then I'll prob buy the new one on there. $70.00