jeep running like poop (bogging, hesitating)

The pump sock is a problem I had also. But I had bought a new pump before I realized it, so now I have a spare good pump that just needs a sock if I ever need it. I also had a problem with the catalytic converter. Took it off and hollowed it out by driving a 3/4 inch x 4 foot piece of pipe through it a few times.

POP and Bang could be from dizzy being out of time

OR plug wires on wrong

OR bad compression in 2 or more cyls

compression test it.

check your firing order

and check your Dizzy

Check your engine grounds too. add one you never know...

just checked some vacuum things, the fuel pressure regulator has 16-17 in.Hg vac the input of the EGR solenoid had the same, the output has nothing and when I unplugged the electrical connector I still had nothing. does that mead bad EGR solenoid?

just checked some vacuum things, the fuel pressure regulator has 16-17 in.Hg vac the input of the EGR solenoid had the same, the output has nothing and when I unplugged the electrical connector I still had nothing. does that mead bad EGR solenoid?

According to the diagnostic procedure (first page last two bullet points), vacuum should be present when you unplug the connector, so it seems like a bad solenoid.

ok well i was able to go the another junk yard and find some parts, I grabbed a fuel pressure regulator and a ERG solenoid. tried swapping them in and it did nothing. so today I pulled out my sending unit and the JB weld we put on the tubes did not hold very well, when I pulled it out I'm guessing the sock was not attached, it is simple to snap on and would seam like it could fall off easily. with the tubes being free to move the pump probably is able to slam into the bottom of the tank and knock the sock off.

could the pump not being positioned correctly be the problem or the sock not being attached make it run like crap?

well either I need to figure out a new way to sent fuel or get a new (new/used most likely because no one make them anymore) one or have this one repaired. luckily I have the 32 gal tank with a special sending unit so it should make it super easy to find one right :roll: