Playoff Observations

reson46

That stupid Blackberry commercial raises my blood pressure to unsafe levels.

I don't know if I want any of these teams to win. It seems like none of them can do the basics - like play defense or run the bases.

East coast games should never start at 8 PM eastern time. Especially when a west coast game was played the same day at 3 PM Pacific time. :huh???: The television networks and Yankees should not dictate the schedule. :fs1:

All of these off days are ridiculous. An entire day off is not needed to travel from one home city to the next. These teams have been playing for 6 months with what, 6 days off? And three of those were at the all start break. Why don't we try to finish the world series before I start Christmas shopping. :dunce:

Did Chase Utley forget where first base is? Maybe all that crap in his hair is melting his brain. It's not like it hasn't been in the same place the entire season.

I like the Phillies, but I think the biggest reason I want them to win is so that Manny Ramirez doesn't.

Watching Brad Lidge do everything he can to hand the game to the other team is pure entertainment.

Bud Selig is still the devil. He has done absolutely everything he can to ruin the game. He is the George Bush of baseball. Only, unfortunately, we can't vote him out and there are no term limits. :shake:

Willy

That stupid Blackberry commercial raises my blood pressure to unsafe levels.

I don't know if I want any of these teams to win. It seems like none of them can do the basics - like play defense or run the bases.

East coast games should never start at 8 PM eastern time. Especially when a west coast game was played the same day at 3 PM Pacific time. :huh???: The television networks and Yankees should not dictate the schedule. :fs1:

All of these off days are ridiculous. An entire day off is not needed to travel from one home city to the next. These teams have been playing for 6 months with what, 6 days off? And three of those were at the all start break. Why don't we try to finish the world series before I start Christmas shopping. :dunce:

Did Chase Utley forget where first base is? Maybe all that crap in his hair is melting his brain. It's not like it hasn't been in the same place the entire season.

I like the Phillies, but I think the biggest reason I want them to win is so that Manny Ramirez doesn't.

Watching Brad Lidge do everything he can to hand the game to the other team is pure entertainment.

Bud Selig is still the devil. He has done absolutely everything he can to ruin the game. He is the George Bush of baseball. Only, unfortunately, we can't vote him out and there are no term limits. :shake:

Willy

The ONLY reason I want the Dodgers to win is so that Jim Thome gets another chance.

Lidge is still around melting down in the big games??? Thought he was toast after the '05 series.

It could be worse... Selig could be like Obama... already named to the HoF without ever doing a damn thing...ever...

I liked Manny as a Red Sox; he's wasted there in LA. Anyone watching the Yanks/Angels game? How about the Angels non-defense? I've never seen crappier infield play except in the Little League. Two dummies watching an easy popup hit the ground between them. :nuts: Three defensive errors. This should be a short AL series. :D

2 problems I have with baseball:

They need to figure out a way for the team in the field to have a chance to score. Maybe if one player make a double play by himself they get a point.

They should never have started teting for steroids. The guys that whine and say "He's on steroids and I'm not, its not fair." Well, go get some. Steroids are a tool, they won't make you a better ball player w/out hard work. Its like the guy who bats .125 and takes batting practice once a week saying its not fair that another guy bats .300 and takes batting practice 7 days aweek and wanting MLB to put a one day per week limit on batting practice because he doesnt want to practice more than once a week.

I don't really prefer that the Yankees win, but at this point they appear to be the only team that actually want to. At least the Phillies finally put together a decent game without booting half the defensive plays.

Willy

Does this mean that cheating is condoned as long as it is for your team? :hmm: Willy

Nope. It means I think he's a great hitter and the Sox could make better use of his bat. :cheers:

Unfortunately it wasn't up to the Red Sox. He was the one who decided to screw over his team, stop hitting, and piss off all of his teammates.

Willy

Unfortunately it wasn't up to the Red Sox. He was the one who decided to screw over his team, stop hitting, and piss off all of his teammates. Willy

All true - boneheaded moves and all too common in today's baseball. But I've never seen two hitters who complimented each other more than Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz before this mess started. :nuts:

I don't know about you guys but I think TBS should never be allowed tv rights to the playoffs ever again. The Cards/Dodges series was horrible. Horrible camera work and the crappiest commentary I've ever heard. I honestly thing John madden could call better ball game than those two bags of douche. I can't speak for the rest of the playoffs because I stopped watching after the Deadbirds sucked it up.

I don't know about you guys but I think TBS should never be allowed tv rights to the playoffs ever again. The Cards/Dodges series was horrible. Horrible camera work and the crappiest commentary I've ever heard. I honestly thing John madden could call better ball game than those two bags of douche. I can't speak for the rest of the playoffs because I stopped watching after the Deadbirds sucked it up.

You just need to watch a couple of Joe Morgan commentaries. TBS won't seem anywhere near as bad. :rotfl2:

Willy

But then we won't be able to guess what Craig Sager is going to wear. :(

I have enjoyed Tim McCarver and Joe Buck over the years, but I feel like McCarver has been easily distracted lately. Like somebody sits something shiny in front of him and he completely forgets the point he was trying to make. Now if there is some hot bar maid that likes to visit I can understand the distraction. :yes:

Willy

But then we won't be able to guess what Craig Sager is going to wear. :(

I have enjoyed Tim McCarver and Joe Buck over the years, but I feel like McCarver has been easily distracted lately. Like somebody sits something shiny in front of him and he completely forgets the point he was trying to make. Now if there is some hot bar maid that likes to visit I can understand the distraction. :yes:

Willy

I FLIPPIN' HATE Joe Buck... I cannot stand his pompous attitude towards anyone not in the National League(or the Cardinals). And then Fox makes it worse.. puts him on football(which he knows even less than his minuscule baseball knowledge) partnered with Troy Aikman making the worst pair on TV.. I'd rather watch Harry Carray and John Madden work together.....

I FLIPPIN' HATE Joe Buck... I cannot stand his pompous attitude towards anyone not in the National League(or the Cardinals). And then Fox makes it worse.. puts him on football(which he knows even less than his minuscule baseball knowledge) partnered with Troy Aikman making the worst pair on TV.. I'd rather watch Harry Carray and John Madden work together.....

Joe Buck? He's about the most low-key announcer in the game now, and I've never noticed a pompous attitude from him, and I'm an American League fan 100%. But if I had to pick for my all-time favorite(s), it would probably be a tie between Harry Caray (a shameless Cubby homer) and longtime Dodgers announcer Vin Scully. Honorable mention for oldtime Yankee announcer Mel Allen.

This game is infuriating. Apparently the Yankees added a couple of umpires to the payroll for the playoffs. It's one thing when the players screw up, but when the umpires are missing basic calls that is ridiculous. The third base umpire should be fired immediately. :shake:

Willy