Anybody using this...

Doesn't look better than the C4x4 to me.

The mounting bolts ALL go into the bottom of the frame, and there's nothing extending back along the frame.

They say it stands up to side pulls, but the actual mounts for the tow hooks are just flat plate sticking out the front of the assembly. I think a side pull would twist 'em right off.

The mounting bolts ALL to into the bottom of the frame, and there's nothing extending back along the frame.

They say it stands up to side pulls, but the actual mounts for the tow hooks are just flat plate sticking out the front of the assembly. I think a side pull would twist 'em right off.

Agreed.

Look at the tow hooks that were optional from the factory and they mount further back and way more securely.

[gulp] Rusty's actually mounts better. Too bad it may be made of butter.

http://www.rustysoffroad.com/instructio ... H11-XJ.pdf

If I were going to invest money on something that just held some hooks, I think I'd spent a couple more bucks and put something like this on.

draw_tite_front_mount.jpg

At least then you would have the option of different hooks or d-rings to use with the 2in reciever and you could get a tray for a winch. That pic was found at the link below but I saw the same ones on other sites cheaper in the $125 price range. Just a thought.

http://www.autoanything.com/towing/77A3 ... x?kc=ffsku

:cheers:

If I were going to invest money on something that just held some hooks, I think I'd spent a couple more bucks and put something like this on.

draw_tite_front_mount.jpg

At least then you would have the option of different hooks or d-rings to use with the 2in reciever and you could get a tray for a winch. That pic was found at the link below but I saw the same ones on other sites cheaper in the $125 price range. Just a thought.

http://www.autoanything.com/towing/77A3 ... x?kc=ffsku

:cheers:

:agree:

Whyonly put a bar going across, put a friggen reciever on it, and multiply your recovery 10-fold.

Rob L.

The HiCountry tow hook brackets are much better side-pull wise due to input from our knowledgable CC members during their development and are considerably cheaper too. They also act as additional steering box reinforcement, and can accept standard tow hooks or D-ring mounts.

http://www.hicountryoffroad.com/Products/Cherokee/Recovery/cher_recovery.htm

The mounting bolts ALL go into the bottom of the frame, and there's nothing extending back along the frame.

I see what your saying. Looking again, I to would like to see something on the side of the frame bolted as well.

Then again, I tend to over design mounts like this and recently had to step back when a Buddie helped me remount my winch and mount on the TJ. [My Buddie] "Man, look at the size of all these bolts for the mount to the frame" [Me] Yea, they have to stand up to the weight of the Jeep Plus what ever its stuck in/on. OR look at the cap of the winch, 10,000lbs that's allot. [my Buddie] "Well then, why is it only mounted with 4 3/8" bolts into a cast body". I guess I never really looked at it that way...... Just saying.

CW