Big coils

So the MJ is coming right along now and I need longer front coils .

Going long arms

So I was looking for some advice on which ones to get . Mind you I am SOA in the back and need to beable to match the front , with little effort , I want 8 in lift front and back

7.5 in Rubicon Express Avail local

8.5 in BDS Avail local

8 in Sky Jackers Avail local but the most expensive

8.5 in Rustys Have to have these shipped in , and the boarder crossing is killer expensive

What do you think ?

So the MJ is coming right along now and I need longer front coils .

Going long arms

So I was looking for some advice on which ones to get . Mind you I am SOA in the back and need to beable to match the front , with little effort

7.5 in Rubicon Express Avail local

8.5 in BDS Avail local

8 in Sky Jackers Avail local but the most expensive

8.5 in Rustys Have to have these shipped in , and the boarder crossing is killer expensive

What do you think ?

Take a look at the spring rates.

The 8" SKyjacker spring rate (220lb/in) makes the world of difference for me and I have had them on two vehicles now and I would get them again for a third. I would get it and cut it down to the height you are looking for if you think it is too tall.

Have you looked into this:

http://www.efunda.com/DesignStandards/s ... signer.cfm

It is a little confusing but you can get an idea on how it is calculated. Spring rate is crucial on how vehicles handle in certain situations.

BTW..........Rusty's stuff sucks.

I can't say enough good things about RE coils.

I bought my first set in 1998, and they're still fine, and not far below original installed height (RE 5.5", still give a little more than 6").

Since then, I've tried their 4.5" XJ coils, and 3.5" ZJ's (taller & stiffer than the 4.5" XJ's).

All were excellent, and firm, without being overly stiff.

I've also used Rancho 3" XJ's (harsh, but still holding strong after almost 15 years of constant use), and Rusty 3" XJ (very soft, and self destructed after a couple months).