Short bed swap?

How hard would it be to swap a long bed for a short bed? Would it bolt in? I'm looking to improve my departure angle.

I tried searching but got this: "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: short bed swap. You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 20 characters excluding wildcards."

Not easy. They are 2 different wheelbases. You have a darn clean truck, you can bob the bed similar to the scrambler way of things, but with your MJ looking so clean, I would advise against it...

There would have to be frame modifications, and a ton of headache to put on a shortbed. Before doing all of that, I would reccommend finding a SWB roller, and swapping your stuff on to it...

Rob L.

Not easy. They are 2 different wheelbases. You have a darn clean truck, you can bob the bed similar to the scrambler way of things, but with your MJ looking so clean, I would advise against it...

I do not want to bob the bed. I like the stock look. I was hoping I could swap beds with only cutting off the excess frame from the rear.

There would have to be frame modifications, and a ton of headache to put on a shortbed. Before doing all of that, I would reccommend finding a SWB roller, and swapping your stuff on to it...

Rob L.

I just got this rig so I'm not looking to get a SWB version to try swapping into. With the custom rear bumper planned I should gain a little clearance.

I know where your at. I used to have a SWB (well, a bunch), and they performed great off road, but the SWB gets small with tools, tires, and junk. I am in the middle of building a LWB, and as you stated, will be putting on a big, modified rear bumper. I just plan on tieing the bumper into the rear quarters on the bed to keep them protected from the departure angles, and to have a solid point to drag when the angle is high without tearing up the bed.

Rob L.

I just plan on tieing the bumper into the rear quarters on the bed to keep them protected from the departure angles, and to have a solid point to drag when the angle is high without tearing up the bed.

Rob L.

Exactly what we have planned. The rear quarter panels will be built up with plate steel around the corners.

Good plan. There is an aftermarket company who also makes rock sliders, bumpers, brackets, and other cool stuff thats MJ specific, and that no-one else makes. Didi I mention that they are great on prices too? I plan on getting the LWB rock sliders as soon as I get to that point. I am fixing all the body, so I am going to be sure it stays rock-rash free!

http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/mer ... y_Code=MJS

Rob L. :cheers:

Good plan. There is an aftermarket company who also makes rock sliders, bumpers, brackets, and other cool stuff thats MJ specific, and that no-one else makes. Didi I mention that they are great on prices too? I plan on getting the LWB rock sliders as soon as I get to that point. I am fixing all the body, so I am going to be sure it stays rock-rash free!

http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/mer ... y_Code=MJS

Rob L. :cheers:

Hmmm... Those are nice. I already have plans for the rock sliders. Something that hugs the body a bit closer.