Anyone have one of these?

Automan2164

I found some FSM's (Factory service manuals) on ebay, on disc format. I was curious as to if anyone had purchased one of these? I am assuming they are legit, since in order to duplicate you need mopar's permission, so it seems good, but I wanted to put a feeler out for them... 8)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1984-198 ... Literature

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-Che ... Literature

According to the listing, they are searchable (cool), and just use PDF...

It would be nice to have the '91 manual (which covers XJ/MJ/YJ, correct?) for when I do the HO swap into the '90 with the '91 wires. :brows: Plus, being able to have it on a laptop, rather than flipping page after page is cool, and these are about half the price of the regular hardcopy.

What do y'all think? Worth it? :dunno:

Rob L.

I'm a pickier SOB than you Rob. :D I much prefer the hard copy FSMs. Running back and forth to a laptop or whatever is a PITA when you're in knee-deep in crocodiles. After a year the hard copy you know exactly where to go instantly. Whenever I do a wiring mod (I got plenty :D) I note it in my manual for future use. I found a complete set for my 91 including supplements on Craigslist for $25 shipped, but it took awhile. Just be patient. But a CD is better than nothing. :brows:

Don, I know you and I are on the same page when it comes to wiring, and attention to detail. :cheers: While I wouldn't mind a hard copy, a cd is easier, and I bought a toughbook. The toughbook was purchased to sit with me in the garage while I am "knee deep in crocodiles". Call it the new generation, but I think I like the idea of it in data form, and that toughbook can take shock, water.... But I know where your coming from on the hard copy. I was just born in a digital age. ;)

Since you also have the '91, it is a XJ/MJ/YJ complete correct? In one deal?

Rob L.

I have the Mopar CD for my 2003 TJ. Fantastic tool. It seems very complete, yet finding some of the odd parts can be a challenge digitally. Helped me rebuild my first 4.0 70,000 miles ago. Plus you can think about and plan on working on your Jeep when out of town or what no. You can buy the CD and print the whole deal in paper if you want :rotf:

Rob, If all goes according to plan for me, I will be pulling the HO harness out of my 92 this winter in hopes of getting the 00/01 XJ harness in there. PM me if interested.