90 2.5 and 95 2.5 Swap

Whamm

Its been awhile since i have been on CC, been busy with a new addition to my family :D , and other projects has been set aside for awhile. Anyway where is my question.

My 2.5 in my MJ gave up the ghost the other day and found a 2.5 out of a 95 for a good price. This should be a direct swap shouldn't it? Only problem is that he said the computer was bad when he bought the wrangler it came out of, but the PO said that the motor ran fine. Other than turning the crank with a wrench is there anything other i should check for.

What went wrong with the current 2.5?

After replacing the head a few months back i decided not to rebuild :nuts: :nuts: , you know saving money and everything , the whole thing and I believe that i have spun a bearing.

Take the intake, exhaust, and all accessories from your original 2.5 and swap them to the new 2.5 and install it and go. All the base parts should be the same... unless you want to convert to the MPI 2.5 in which case you would nee the entire engine wiring harnbess, computer, dash harness, guages etc in order to make it all work, and even then you would have to splice in the remainder of the original MJ harness to make all the lights and everything work. If you are just looking to get it running again, just swap the long block and go.