Need help balancing some big tires

86FUBAR

I'm trying to balance some 47-21-16.5 pit bull tires for my buddys "shop" truck and I'm having some trouble. were past the puting lead on (had near 30 ounces on and it wasnt doing anything) and now on to the airsoft beads can anyone find the formula for how much we need to put in or perhaps offer some other alternative any info would be helpfull . thanks mason

and for fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTMbIuCY ... re=related

the truck is a 98 ish ferd 7.3 pumped to the max, it had the Marmon-Herrington front axle but they kept breaking it ,now its got a dana 60 front and dana 80 rear started with 38" TSL , went to 42" irocks now were on to 47" pitbulls

Find a shop with a Hunter GSP9700 SMARTWEIGHT Tire balancer, do not have them use the road force function (the lugs are to big) but the SMARTWEIGHT function will reduce the amount of weights actually needed for a proper balance. I have a set of 35" MTZs, 36"TSLs, and 37"Pit Bull Rockers, and it worked out great. Have them "trace the rim" and it will use tape weights in the location that works best.

this looks like what I'm looking for !

don't waste your time with traditional balancing, do the internal stuff

(equal powder, airsoft beads, whatever you feel like) and don't look back. works great and you never have to aggravate another tire-store employee again.

ya , i was already looking in to the internal stuff before but figured since the tire fit my machine i might as well give it a try

I like the idea of using air soft pellets,the chart on the above link says to use 8 OZ. per wheel,for my tire/rim size. Ebay has pellets in 2,4,5 thousand lots. How many thousand pellets should it take to reach the required amount for my wheel? This would be X4 of course. Could somebody possibly give me an idea of how much a thousand pellets weighs?

They come in different weights. I buy mine on Walmart. 5000ct of .20 gram pellets, and divide it in fourths. Should be almost 9oz., which is close enough. I have also bough a 6500ct of .12g when they were out of the .20. Divided that one into thirds, which was just barely above 9oz.

They come in different weights. I buy mine on Walmart. 5000ct of .20 gram pellets, and divide it in fourths. Should be almost 9oz., which is close enough. I have also bough a 6500ct of .12g when they were out of the .20. Divided that one into thirds, which was just barely above 9oz.

Thats alot of damn pellets to be puting in a tire , the ones from http://www.innovativebalancing.com/BigTirechart.htm are ceramic so it should take a whole lot less though I'm sure they both get the job done but i think it might be a pain in the but especialy when the 47" pitbulls need 20 oz per tire .