Receiver hitch options

Hi All,

Just getting my truck back on the road after it was sitting for years.

I need to get a receiver hitch to tow a small motorcycle trailer.

I've looked around and have not had much luck finding a 2 inch hitch.

I do want to keep the stock bumper if possible. Any leads?

Thanks,

Kevin

You said it is a small motorcycle trailer - why not use a simple ball on the bumper for now, then look for a good deal on a legit 2 inch receiver? Should be able to find one in a salvage yard, given some time. Or even here on the ComancheClub site.

I have been looking for a good deal on a front mount hitch so I can carry my Trail 90 on the front of the Comanche while I tow a 4500 lbs trailer on the back with my two inch receiver.

You might also look at having a custom receiver built locally. Many years ago I was able to get a 2 inch receiver hitch built for my 85 Mustang for less than I could buy one from J.C. Whitney.

You said it is a small motorcycle trailer - why not use a simple ball on the bumper for now?

Not sure where he's from, but I've yet to own an MJ up here in Michigan that had a bumper I would trust the for anything. Rust will eat them from the inside out (and they are just sheetmetal after all). :(