window regulator skipping

ok when my passenger window goes down, when i try to put it up it like skips like the gears are striped. I have to pull it up like 1/4" and then it will go up. Any one have any ideas, cuz the whole gear system thing is riveted to the door.

Sounds like its shot on mine the donor was riveted in and the other was bolted we just drilled the rivets out and bolted it back in the other door. Was a quite easy swap you also have to take a large nut off I think IIRC, its early here and I just got up.

Haven't replaced mine yet but have ones off of my donor. I drilled out the rivets on the donor but haven't even tried to replace on my driver yet. Yes there is a large nut, lock type, that attaches the regulator to the glass. I have heard horror stories about getting it off, but I used a pair of vise grip to hole the bolt to the glass, the vise grips had the rubber pads on them, just gradually adjust the pressure until the grips keep the bolt from turning then you can remove the nut. Just remember that you want to support the window glass to keep it from falling once the reg. is disconnected.

Wow so I gotta drill out the rivets, lame. Ill go snag a spare regulator before I start drilling my door. Weekend project, Thanks :cheers:

Drilling out those rivets goes much easier if you tap out the rivet center pin first with a drift punch. Then drill out w. a 1/4" bit. :thumbsup: