AC cutting off when accelerating in 4th/5th

EDIT: I updated this post with a new question so I wouldn't need to make another post.

I was just curious if this is a feature, or a problem. When I'm in 4th/5th, going up a hill, or accelerating around 65-70mph, the AC/vent pretty much turns off until I back off the gas. Is it supposed to do that?

(Original Post:)

Does anyone have a PDF of the 89 4.0 MJ electrical manual? I have the 88 one posted here but the fuse box diagram seems to be slightly different than what I have. What I'm most concerned with right now is on the 88 Manual "MOTOR PUMP" which says is not used is labeled "FL/PASS" on my fuse box. Both leads on it are broken and if its not used I'd rather not fix it right now.

Thanks,

Jess

Hey thanks for checking! If you get a chance, mind checking another for me?

In the 88 electical manual there is "ETR" (10) which says its for Radio, Clock. On my 89 its labeled ANT, I assume for a power antenna, which I do not have.

Also, does anyone know what the "HEAD LAMP DELAY MODULE" actually does?

Head lamp delay: If you shut the truck off BEFORE you turn off the lights they will stay on for like 30sec or something like that giving you time to walk to the house and then turn off.

I've only seen this as an option on Laredos, but I've heard of Pioneers having it.

Hey thanks for checking! If you get a chance, mind checking another for me?

In the 88 electical manual there is "ETR" (10) which says its for Radio, Clock. On my 89 its labeled ANT, I assume for a power antenna, which I do not have.

Also, does anyone know what the "HEAD LAMP DELAY MODULE" actually does?

It is the same, just labeled different. They added the power antenna onto that circuit. Just remember that there are two power sources for the radio. One powers the radio itself and the other controls the illumination. A switched and unswitched source. Also, in case your wondering, ETR stands for Electronically Tuned Receiver.

:cheers:

Ahh, thanks!

I ended up putting a second fuse box and rerouted a couple of the fuses that the connections had worn/broke in the original fuse box. Other than those broken ones, the fuse box is in decent shape. I would have chopped it out and rewired the whole thing on a new box (if I could find one) but I'm moving to Canada in like, 7 days, and there's to many other things to do, so this will work for now.

I had a strange problem with my stereo though, every time I would use the blinker, the stereo would cut off for a second, then come back on. I'm assuming there was to much load on that circuit but I dunno. I ended up running a new power wire for the stereo into the new fuse box and it works fine - I just have to remember to manually turn off my stereo since it doesn't shut off with the car now :P

Thanks for all the help.

i'm thinking on your a/c problem its goign to be a vacuum leak and under acceleration in higher gears you're not providing enough vacuum to keep the vent selector pulled into the dash vent position, i'd bet when the a/c goes away its gone to defrost and you're just not feeling it.

defrost is the default position for the doors in the box.

• 5 weeks later...