Lift questions.

Hello everyone,

I'm kinda new here and wanted to ask some questions about possible lift combinations to accomplish what I want out of my mj (and yes i've lurked and searched). I want about a 4 to 4.5 inch lift but wanted to either piece it together or see if there was something that could fit my needs (its 2wd btw). For the rear I would rather not go soa or aal so the rusty's 4" leafs were something i was looking at...also my stock drivers side leaf is damaged so i would like to replace it. Now I know rusty's quality has been questioned by some members so this is why I want some opinions on them. Now for the front i'm just sort of lost because I don't want to buy a whole kit but want good components so any ideas?

Thanks

Arthur

If you need new leafs, try hell creek suspensions. They make great kits, using their own well-built leaf packs, and rough country suspension components. Good customer service. I have asked a few questions of the owner. He also has a 4.5 inch lift on his own 2WD comanche. His screen name escapes me at the moment, but here is the site:

http://www.hellcreeksuspensions.com/

and here is a pic of the truck.

http://www.hellcreeksuspensions.com/ima ... eep_20.jpg

Rob L.

STAY AWAY FROM RUSTYS LEAFS!!! (And MOST of his/their products as well for this matter.)

A couple of us bought them. Some sagged very quickly, mine literally snapped in half!!!! Check out my build thread for lots of pics and information.

Hellcreeks or Motion's are a MUCH better bet.

CW

I also thought about getting Rusty's 4" longer springs for my comanche, they were cheap in price until I went to order them and found out that the shipping for them was going to cost me $50. I bought 4" longer springs from superlift and I made my own shackles for the rear, It has 34x10.5 LTB's on it right now and the don't rub but I also have cut fenders which I did before the lift so I am not sure if they would rub without cut fenders

Lol I guess what I heard about rusty's stuff was right. I think the hellcreek kit fits my needs just perfectly so i'll go with it. Thanks for all the help guys I really appreciate it....the mj just became my dd (got run off the road and my s2k burned to the ground :fs1: ) so I'm gonna be here asking questions for a while...I already swapped in buckets, a full console, tach and tilt column so i'm enjoying this jamminz.gif Anyway thanks again and also if anyone has (or knows a good source for) any 97+ front end swap parts lmk the junk yards around here are horrible.

Me and a Buddy of mine had a Rusty's lift on our XJ's and his did fine. It didn't sag, it rode and flexed good (4 1/2"). Mine had an AWFUL death wobble.(Prolly because it still had the stock pitman arm on 8 1/2" of lift and impossible to balance 33x15.50 TSL/SX's) But mine was not a long arm and didn't flex for poo. I guess we lucked up because nothing broke and we beat the @#$% out of them. I get a lot of stuff from them (they're right down the road lol) But I haven't had a problem with anything I've bought from them. But like I said maybe I'm lucky.

HellCreek's screen name is...............................HellCreek. :yes:

HellCreek's real name is...............................Tom. Excellent guy to deal with; not just a marketeer like some on this forum (no names mentioned but y'all know who I am referring to), very knowledgable, w. no faults that I know of except that he's from Looseiana. :D Seriously, check his stuff out. All good.

HellCreek's screen name is...............................HellCreek. :yes:

HellCreek's real name is...............................Tom. .... no faults that I know of except that he's from Looseiana. :D

That's MISSISSIPPI, Don :no: An Alabama boy should know better. :shake:

That's MISSISSIPPI, Don :no: An Alabama boy should know better. :shake:

Oh crap. I blew that one................. :doh:

In 'Bama they say Thank Gawd for Mississippi or Alabama would be rated last in everything. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...