bucket seats in mj

You remove the XJ bucket seats from the XJ base pedestals and bolt them to the MJ base pedestals. Just don't get early XJ buckets with the "rocking chair" tilt adjuster, or they'll be too high for use in an MJ unless you are VERY short.

You remove the XJ bucket seats from the XJ base pedestals and bolt them to the MJ base pedestals. Just don't get early XJ buckets with the "rocking chair" tilt adjuster, or they'll be too high for use in an MJ unless you are VERY short.

Exactly why waste time cutting and welding....simple as this...what i did and works perfect

Exactly why waste time cutting and welding....simple as this...what i did and works perfect

Ditto.

This is what I did. Re-used the brackets from my old bench seat. It's a minor PITA to drill out the rivets holding the brackets on. But knowing me, if I fired up a welder, I'd wind up burning down my house or truck.

I used the "rocking chair" seats, just because I didn't know any better at the time. I'm average height: 5'10". I have to duck my head a bit when entering/exiting the truck - but I've found I actually prefer the driving position to the old bench. Sitting up higher just feels right for me, and visibility's a tad better. My arms are in a more comfortable position and I can reach the dash/radio/heater controls easier. Plus, the rocking chair adjusts to more positions than the simple slider ... but that's all just my preference, of course.

Just make sure whatever type seat you get to measure and test fit, because there will be a change in seat height and clearance between the wheel (especially if you don't have tilt)

I used the "rocking chair" seats, just because I didn't know any better at the time. I'm average height: 5'10". I have to duck my head a bit when entering/exiting the truck - but I've found I actually prefer the driving position to the old bench. Sitting up higher just feels right for me, and visibility's a tad better.

I'm just under 6'1", and I had my old Comanche set up like this for a year, or so.

Prolly looked like I was 7' tall driving it tho :nuts:

and you didn't need the sun visors anymore, ever.

It was fun watching anyone over 5'5" smash their head getting in :rotf:

but I eventually went back to the bench.

I'm running 01' XJ seats in this MJ, I keep forgetting to measure the seat height-to-ceiling, or door frame vs my 98' XJ (same seats),

but the MJ doesn't feel that much higher.