leaf spring mount

I need to get my frame welded (rot) the rot runs right up to the leaf spring mount and I tried a few places around they can't get it. any one know where I could buy new ones? I need both sides.

Guess not I might have to get them custom made.

leaf spring frame mounts.

Do you need the front leaf mounts???

I can chop them from a rotted out MJ I got, but.......you might be better off making some spring mounts from the plates your going to be using to repair your frame, and tie them together.

Do you need the front leaf mounts???

I can chop them from a rotted out MJ I got, but.......you might be better off making some spring mounts from the plates your going to be using to repair your frame, and tie them together.

rear

The rear leaf spring mounting brackets (and the fronts) are legitimate replacement parts, but they differ between the LWB and SWB models. The p/n's are: 5500 6826 (7 Foot Box) or 5500 9170 (6 Foot Box)

Have your local dealer run them and see if they are still available somewhere.

Check out my thread on my rusted frame rebuild.

My mounts where fine, but making or swapping in new ones shouldn't be a big deal. A bit of common sense, some steel for cladding.mounts as well as knowledge of suspension geometry and a good welder and you will be all set in no time!

CW

OK........

Most of the unibody/frame rot that I've come across is in the front section, under the cab, to the front leaf mounts. Ive never really seen too much rot on the rear section of the frame.

Take Mr. Hornbrod's info and see what you can come up with.

The MJ thats in the process of being 'recycled' is a LWB. Either check out your local JY or let me know, and I'll cut the rear section off the frame. I should be back on cleaning this one up in the next few weeks.