How Long Does a Track Bar Last?

I replaced what I think must have been the OE track bar just after I bought the '87, which was 2 yrs and 23K miles ago. The track bar was so bad that the bar fell off the ball stud and I had to remove the bracket and press the stud out in my press. Since that time I've replaced shocks, sway bar end links, upper & lower ball joints, lower control arm bushings, driver's side tie rod end, adjuster sleeve, and the corresponding tie rod end that hooks into the pass tie rod. Within the past 2 weeks I've noticed the front end becoming more unstable and it seems to be affected by everything (ruts, 18 wheelers passing by, etc). My first thought is that the track bar is wearing out again but it's a TRW that's only 2 yrs old. Does this seem right? Is there another explanation I'm missing?

my trw track bar only lasted a few years.i replaced it with a spicer and it's been good for the last 5 years.we quit using trw in our shop and switched to spicer or sometimes moog and have had alot longer lasting parts.

I didn't see any cracks though I wasn't specifically checking that section of the unibody for them. I'll go back and check it out this weekend.

So it isn't out of the realm of possibility that the TRW track bar went bad already. Based on the symptoms it seems like the most likely culprit though I was skeptical with it being relatively new. Unless there's something else that I'm obviously missing I'll see if I can get a replacement track bar. This one is LLT warranty anyway so it should be a simple swap.