19 years

fiatslug87

Hi Joe,

I purchased it in Auburn at a Jeep dealer. I was going up to Sacramento from Livermore and stopped at every Jeep dealer off 580/680/80 and didn't find any. When I got to Sacramento I checked the paper and found other Jeep delears off of East 80, went to a couple, and found this in Auburn. I had a choice of this one or a white 4x4 SWB. At the time I was a poor college graduate with school loans to repay, the extra $ for the 4x4, extra insurance cost and my lack of 4-wheeling didn't make that purchase feasible. I purchased it on the spot, with minimal experience driving a manual trans vehicle I figure what the heck and drove it home, my wife (then girlfriend) was with me and drove the other car home.

Hi Joe,

I purchased it in Auburn at a Jeep dealer. I was going up to Sacramento from Livermore and stopped at every Jeep dealer off 580/680/80 and didn't find any. When I got to Sacramento I checked the paper and found other Jeep delears off of East 80, went to a couple, and found this in Auburn. I had a choice of this one or a white 4x4 SWB. At the time I was a poor college graduate with school loans to repay, the extra $ for the 4x4, extra insurance cost and my lack of 4-wheeling didn't make that purchase feasible. I purchased it on the spot, with minimal experience driving a manual trans vehicle I figure what the heck and drove it home, my wife (then girlfriend) was with me and drove the other car home.

Mike,

That is a great story! I know how hard it was to find these trucks in this area, and the fact that you searched it out (and the other two you own now) shows me how much you love these trucks. I had the opportunity to pick one up in 88 and also being a poor college graduate paying off loans I couldn't swing the loan. Congrats on your trucks 19th.