Motor mount broke off block and now there is oil...

So i was taking off from a stop light (a little fast) the other day and my right side motor mouth broke off.. it looks like the mount is still okay,, just the bolts where sheared off flush with the block.. so i have to get thouse out and reattach the motor mount... but here is the thing.. when i heard it break i pulled over right... and there was oil all over my front end... so like... something broke..and i don't think it is the block...do you have any ideas?

I towed it home.. and we started it again and no oil looks to be dumping out... so i don't get it..

I would bet you broke or bent the oil filter adapter, or put a crack in the oil pan.

X2

After you get the mount re-attached to the engine, do a very good check on the oil filter adapter, and check the oil pan out really well. If your lucky, you might have just punched a hole in the oil filter........if not, good chance you punched a hole in the oil pan :eek:

I would bet you broke or bent the oil filter adapter, or put a crack in the oil pan.

X2

After you get the mount re-attached to the engine, do a very good check on the oil filter adapter, and check the oil pan out really well. If your lucky, you might have just punched a hole in the oil filter........if not, good chance you punched a hole in the oil pan :eek:

I concur with the previous two responses :thumbsup:

Well only one bolt was still in, it just broke 2, the one that was left in it was very bent tho, but by the time we drilled and used easy outs on the remaining bolts.. you couldn't tell nothing. so no. don't know why.... but i hold these new ones hold...

Make sure you do a good check on the oil pan where it juts out on the pass side. That is where the oil pump is. I have seen numerous cases of the pass side UCA mount hitting the pan, denting it in and cracking the oil pump without puncturing the pan.

Make sure you do a good check on the oil pan where it juts out on the pass side. That is where the oil pump is. I have seen numerous cases of the pass side UCA mount hitting the pan, denting it in and cracking the oil pump without puncturing the pan.

wait so do i have to take the oil pan off to look at that?