Simple track bar question

I have pieced together about 3" of lift in the fron of the comanche and the steering is still a little loose and shaky when I am going over bumps or at high speeds. I guess it could be classified as sort of a "baby death wobble". A cursory check (looking at it and shaking it) did not send up any red flags for me when it came to my track bar and I know that is usually the culprit. My question is whether or not there would be a noticeable problem with the track bar if that is what is giving me issues before i spen the money on an adjustable. The bushing on my drag link between my drop pitman arm looks warn and i know my tie rod ens or stock 1987. I have already replaced the shock and had it aligned. Thanks

Skip

:USAflag:

While I agree the dropped pitman arm in not needed. Its not likely to be causing your problem. It causes bump steer. Swap it back to a factory unit.

More likely if you didn't have any issues before lift. You have effectively decreased you caster, IMHO this is your problem. That worn TB bushing should be addressed but also will not cause this problem. Something needs to set it off, like the caster...

CW

UPDATE: Not sure if this helps but when it wobbles it feels like the tire is wobbing back and forth in the wheel well. If I stand at the front of the truck and put my foot at the top of the side of the tire and shake it, it will wobble back and forth and make a little clicking sound.

UPDATE: Not sure if this helps but when it wobbles it feels like the tire is wobbing back and forth in the wheel well. If I stand at the front of the truck and put my foot at the top of the side of the tire and shake it, it will wobble back and forth and make a little clicking sound.

That would have to be either a bad hub/bearing unit or bad ball joint(s).

UPDATE: Not sure if this helps but when it wobbles it feels like the tire is wobbling back and forth in the wheel well. If I stand at the front of the truck and put my foot at the top of the side of the tire and shake it, it will wobble back and forth and make a little clicking sound.

YUP... As usual, Eagle is spot on.

This also means the problem existed BEFORE the lift. Lifting the truck, changed the caster and brought the problem to light.

CW

Your problem is probably your drop pitman arm. They are :no: on XJs/MJxs.

Not true...the problem is if you run only the Drop pitman arm it throws the angles relationship between the draglink and the trackbar...i run a drop pitman arm on my MJ with a RK trackbar and 1" HD drop bracket...keep everything parallel and i have NO bumpsteer

All components mentioned are stock. Where should I focus first?