8.8 install

Spicer part number 221379. Should be less than $50 from any vendor (at least we sell it for less than that).

OK, Will that part look like this style:

Or will it look like this style:

Although the second picture is a D35)

And how much is "less than 50 bucks" delivered? :dunno:

I have that part from the old drive shaft. A guy I was talking to said that setup wasn't very tolerable to high driveline angles. not that I'm going to subject my driveline to any extremes. It's just that if there is a butter setup such as this style:

Then I think that is what I should be using. Only makes sense, after putting hundreds into the darn thing, I don't want it to have any shortcomings, or things I should have done. :typing:

This is what your looking for:

Image Not Found

It bolts to the flange of your first pic.

CW

Yup. That's what you're looking for. You may be able to get the proper size one off of a Ranger/Crownvic/Aerostar in the junkyards. Be careful though, plenty of those vehicles came with the lesser 7.5 axle. You need a U-joint adapter from an 8.8 (and not an 8.8 under an F150, as they use a bigger U-joint). The special bolts you need are available at the Ford dealership (or if you get the part off of a junkyard car you can use those bolts.). Do not get bolts from the hardware store. They are super strong and a metric thread. I've yet to see anything like them in a hardware store. If I remember right, they need a 12 point socket/wrench to remove (I forget what size).