Waggie Axles

A friend of mine that owns a small junkyard is getting ready to crush and sell some older cars for scrap. One of them happens to be a jeep waggoneer, which happens to have what appears to be a dana 35 in the back.

Although I'd like to get the axles out of the rear , I can't seem to find out if all the axles are the same for all dana 35's. Can anyone advise on this? (i.e. - can I use them for the daughter's 95 XJ with a dana 35)

Thanks

i see no reason to bother with that axle if its a d35. what are you wanting to do with it?

edit. guess i should've read the whole thing. are you talking about an xj wagoneer, or a full size?

Full size. I am only interested in the axle shafts.....I want to clean them up and press new bearings on them for spares.

A friend of mine that owns a small junkyard is getting ready to crush and sell some older cars for scrap. One of them happens to be a jeep waggoneer, which happens to have what appears to be a dana 35 in the back.

Although I'd like to get the axles out of the rear , I can't seem to find out if all the axles are the same for all dana 35's. Can anyone advise on this? (i.e. - can I use them for the daughter's 95 XJ with a dana 35)

Thanks

Since your daughter's XJ is a 95, it has the D35 w. C-clip axle shafts. Any D35 older than 1991 will not work as they have the non C-clip axles.

Thanks

Since your daughter's XJ is a 95, it has the D35 w. C-clip axle shafts. Any D35 older than 1991 will not work as they have the non C-clip axles.

Exactly what I needed to know! Thank You!

Thanks

Exactly what I needed to know! Thank You!

x2, they won't work

What year is the Wagoneer? FSJs never came with a D35. If you mistook it for a D35, I am guessing it is an AMC 20. The AMC 20 resembles the D35 much more than the D44 does. The D35 was even originally known as the AMC 15 until Dana bought the design from AMC.

Willy

It is an 89, but I seem to remember that the AMC20 has a large 'pumpkin' ball rather then the smaller tapered one that the 35 has...I've looked under the thing and the differential looks just like the one on the 95XJ.