JCR Steering - OTK or UTK

I've started my research on steering upgrades. I am leaning heavily towards JCR, but they have two identically priced kits. From reading their website, the OTK set-up offers a better ride and smoother steering, but it requires more fab work to install.

Assuming I can do (or get help doing) the install on either kit .... is there any reason NOT to get the OTK?

OTK, just gets you a bit more clearance at the tie rod. With its overall design there is no significant advantage of better angles.

Something to consider... Your rims, there is less room for the TRE's with a OTK setup. So more BS may be required for it to fit.

IMHO, its up to you based on your wheeling. Have you wasted any tie rods? The only difference in the JCR kit is the end link on the pass side. UTK is std right hand drive part and OTK uses a left hand drive unit. I also don't think its any harder to do either, both need to be reamed. FWIW, both of mine are UTK setups and I have no problems with them.

CW

I just talked to JCR and it seems the biggest difference in terms of fab work is re-working the sway bar mounts to accomodate the OTK set-up. It also sounds like the OTK offers better geometry, more ground clearance, and less slop in the steering.

I think, at least for me, some extra fab work is worth the benefits of the OTK .... especially since the kits are the same price.

Now I just have to be willing to cough up the $315 :doh:

I just talked to JCR and it seems the biggest difference in terms of fab work is re-working the sway bar mounts to accomodate the OTK set-up. It also sounds like the OTK offers better geometry, more ground clearance, and less slop in the steering.

I think, at least for me, some extra fab work is worth the benefits of the OTK .... especially since the kits are the same price.

Now I just have to be willing to cough up the $315 :doh:

yep. that was the "hardest" thing to do. you will also need to cut off the steering stab bracket, trim the front of the coil buckets/plate them, and adjust the steering stops.