Rusted floor disappointment

Pulled up the passenger vinyl mat of my MJ this afternoon, And found the entire floor and pad to be soaking wet. I then decided to pull the drivers side up and found it to be dry but has some surface rust starting. A year ago there was no rust. The passenger side is rust free luckily but I know that the clock is ticking. What is the best option for fixing this? Anyone know where I can get the pad that goes under the carpet? What all is involved with POR 15ing the floor? I will have to do all of this on a weekend as this is a DD. I also need to find where the water is getting in from to keep this from happening again. I bet it is from the door/window weather stripping.

First find out where the water leak is and fix it.

I'm not a fan of anything but rust preventive paint for the floors since rust can start and you can't see it.

I have a console so my carpet is cut in 3 pieces so I can just pull it out when its muddy or to inspect the floor.

I'm not a fan of anything but rust preventive paint for the floors since rust can start and you can't see it.

I have a console so my carpet is cut in 3 pieces so I can just pull it out when its muddy or to inspect the floor.

Where/how did you cut your carpet?

Got any Picts?

:typing:

Where/how did you cut your carpet?

Got any Picts?

:typing:

Under the center console and around the seat base on each side the 3rd piece is behind the seat.

The interior is stripped for the upcoming extended cab and for welding in huge front wheelwells, a rollcage and rockrails/boatsides.