XJ shafts are considerably shorter. You MAY get lucky with a 4cyl 2wd XJ shaft fitting in a 4wd swb MJ, but I'm not sure about that. You'll have to get measurements.

What's busted on yours? You may be able to get it retubed.

Or if one of the yokes is broken, grab a rear driveshaft from an XJ and get that one retubed to the proper length. Or find one from a 2wd MJ and have it shortened. The only limitation here is finding a driveshaft with yokes that accept the proper sized U-joints. Then get it retubed or shortened. Plenty of vehicles will have the right sized yokes. :thumbsup:

I knew i should have asked on the board... Nah only reason i asked is because i just picked up my MJ out of janesville, and one of the stipulations was it had a two piece driveshaft that was supposed to be a one piece. :fs1: I just had a local drivetrain shop make me a new one... Oh well. I have pics to post of the new horse, just can't get them on... If only my 10 year old digital camera and my brand spanking new laptop could speak the same language. :shake:

Rob L.

I knew i should have asked on the board... Nah only reason i asked is because i just picked up my MJ out of janesville, and one of the stipulations was it had a two piece driveshaft that was supposed to be a one piece. :shake:

Rob L.

Wait, what? That wasn't a factory option. If you figure out how to get the camera to cooperate and take some pictures that would be awesome.